Friday, November 18, 2016

 

Wish You Were Here, from R.F. Outcault


Here's a 1905 postcard by R.F. Outcault, in which a monkey and a parrot have a heck (yes, I came right out and said it!) of a time. It is copyrighted by the J. Ottmann Litho Co. of New York on the front, and the undivided back has no further information.

Gosh, I wish I could figure out what that word is in the note -- "Say they are pretty ???? yes just like yours truly." I feel like I'm missing a vital piece of data here.

Labels:


Comments:
What I am seeing is:

Yes I guess they did
have a - of a time
the same as we have
had for some time
but I guess the one
difference they drew
blood and we didn't
though (?) the tussle
Say they are pretty ain't
they, yes just like
yours truly
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]